Deepen your understanding of a wide array of Restorative Yoga postures, relaxation and meditative techniques, physical alignment, nervous system function, breath physiology, and energetics. This will provide you a wide scope of tools to use in your practice. Our holistic approach along with lots of individualized guidance and attention will help you deepen your understanding of the key postures, how to sequence them for the greatest effect, and how to use restorative yoga to assist with common challenges such as insomnia, headaches, anxiety, back pain and menstrual difficulties.
After immersing in the practice of Restorative Yoga, an additional weekend of training will prepare yoga teachers, bodyworkers, and therapists to share this wonderful practice with students and/or clients. Learn more about the additional training here.
Restorative Yoga Immersion $275+hst
- Nov 9-11
- Fri 7-9pm, Sat & Sun 10-5pm
- Currently SOLD OUT - give us a call to wait list your spot
Restorative yoga is a powerful healing tool that helps to reduce stress and support the body’s innate responses toward balance and health. As a very gentle form of yoga,restorative yoga integrates resting postures, breath techniques, and meditative relaxation. In restorative postures we use props such as bolsters and blankets to fully support the body in different resting positions.
While resting in these fully supported poses, tightness and tension in muscles and connective tissue can gently release and areas of stiffness can gradually unwind leading to more ease, greater range of motion, and better whole body alignment. Many restorative postures help to create more space and free in the movement of the respiratory diaphragm, and therefore can facilitate deeper, more easeful breathing. In each restorative posture we encourage awareness of breathing and meditative focus to help calm the nervous system, and profoundly relax the body and mind.
Restorative Yoga techniques may be helpful in the treatment of nervous system disorders such as insomnia, hypertension, anxiety, and specific ailments such as skin conditions and hormonal irregularities, and may be especially helpful for improving mental health. Restorative postures and sequences can be modified to target specific organ systems, sensory integration, mental/emotional qualities, and the energetic qualities of each unique season.
Immersion Curriculum: Focus on self-practice
- How to set up a wide variety of restorative postures with numerous modifications depending on the needs of the person and available props.
- How to set up and feel empowered and inspired to practice Restorative Yoga and relaxation techniques on your own.
- How to improve your ability to see/feel imbalances in the body more clearly and to use restorative poses and breathing techniques to bring greater balance.
- How to find comfort, ease agitation, and increase mental and emotional calming.
- How to balance and sequence postures for particular therapeutic effects.
Restorative Yoga ImmersionCall us to wait list your spot in this rejuvenating weekend